Living with pain is hard. It can change you but never allow it to redefine yourself. Below are some chronic pain quotes that can give you the strength to overcome your pain.
Quotes About Chronic Pain
Looking well doesn’t indicate that you’re alright.
Just because you can’t see indications of pain, that doesn’t imply it’s not there. The true sorrow hides under the surface. We know that chronic pain can be a kind of pressure that causes sufferers to feel isolated, lonely, and sometimes ashamed of themselves.
There are various ways to deal with chronic pain. You can seek help from doctors and take medicines. You can have massage therapy for mental health and physical one. They may be effective. They may not.
But how about reading some quotes? More specifically, some funny chronic pain quotes, uplifting quotes for chronic pain, and living with chronic pain quotes. They somehow can make you stronger and feel better.
We have included some quotes about chronic pain here. Anytime you need something to heal your soul, you can visit us.
Funny Chronic Pain Quotes
- “Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher” – Maya Waston
- “Sit with the pain until it passes, and you will be calmer for the next one” – Naval Ravikant
- “Give it to god and go to sleep” – Unknown
- “Beethoven was so hard of hearing, he thought he was a painter.”- George Carlin
- “Don’t mess with me today. I am out of my medication.” – Unknown
- “People who make me laugh until I’m physically in pain are my favorite kind of people”- Unknown
- “Chronic pain… absolutely crap. Not recommended.”- Unknown
- “Having a chronic illness is like waking up and realizing it’s Monday, every single day”- Unknown
- ” Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional”- Haruki Murakami
- “Being able to walk pain-free is a blessing. Being able to walk without the pain is a skill.” – Kylie McPherson
- “My favorite childhood memory is my back not hurting.” – Unknown
- “Paingry- A state of anger after a long term pain” – Unknown
- “I am constantly in pain. Yes, constantly. Every single second” – Unknown
- “For all the happiness mankind can gain: is not in pleasure but in rest from pain.” – John Dryden
Dealing With Chronic Pain Quotes
- “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” – Helen Keller
- “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” – Victor Hugo
- “Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist; but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” – GK Chesterton
- “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” – Bob Marley
- “Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst, and unsurprised by anything in between.” – Maya Angelou
- “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying ‘I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” – Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Just because your version of normal isn’t the same as someone else’s version doesn’t mean that there’s anything wrong with you.” – John Boyne
Back Pain Quotes
- “Back pain is youth leaving the body” – Unknown
- “You know you’re getting older when your back starts going out more than you do.” – Phyllis Diller
- “87% of young people have back pain. The other 13% have no computer.” – Unknown
- “Technically I’m still young but according to my back pain I’m actually 97.” – Unknown
- “Love is like a back pain. It does not visible in X-ray, but you realize it is there.”- Shayari Ki Alfaaz
- “No, I don’t have Tourette’s, I have back pain. Please pardon my sudden outbursts of obscenities.” – Unknown
- “Pain comes at me and I take it, chew it for a few minutes, and spit it back out. It’s just not my thing anymore.” – Dave Egger
- “Great thing about lower back pain…double doses of Aleve taken with shots of bourbon. I’m still in pain, I just don’t care anymore.” – Unknown
- “Do back exercise. Pain is distracting” – Margaret Atwood
- “Dear back pain. Please go. I can’t stand neither sit nor bow” – Unknown
- “Back pain from a bad mattress, murk from the city traffic, acidity from the oily office food. The headache, from the calls by the loved ones, was the only light in the day for the newbie in the city!” – Unknown
- When you elevate the heels more so than you elevate the sole of the foot, you trigger a cascade of compensations in the knees and hips that cause tight hip flexors, and then those hip flexors cause lower-back pain.” -Tim Ferriss
- “I think I’m in better shape now than I was 10 years ago, but it takes a bigger toll – I get back pain!” -Alessandra Ambrosio
Quotes about physical pain
- “Positive self-talk is to emotional pain as a pain pill is to physical pain.” – Edmond Mbiaka
- “The only antidote to mental suffering is physical pain.”- Karl Marx
- “The greatest evil is physical pain.”- Saint Augustine
- “Physical pain however great ends in itself and falls away like dry husks from the mind, whilst moral discords and nervous horrors sear the soul.”- Alice James Great
- “Once you are in full Sharon Needles mode, you don’t feel fear, you don’t feel physical pain, and you also don’t feel your own moral filter any longer.”- Sharon Needles
- “Becoming less focused on the past and future and not resisting the moment is how to overcome fear, physical pain, and all suffering.”
- “Every step forward is made at the cost of mental and physical pain to someone.”
Uplifting Quotes For Chronic Pain
- “I don’t believe in pain management anymore, I believe in trying to cure persistent pain.”- Dr. Moskowitz
- “Chronic pain is not all about the body, and it’s not all about the brain – it’s everything. Target everything. Take back your life.” – Sean Mackey
- “The longer you have pain, the better your spinal cord gets at producing danger messages to the brain, even if there is no danger in the tissue” – Dr. Lorimer Moseley
- “With determination, it is possible to block out the negative things and enjoy the positive ones, despite the cons. Most importantly, it is possible to dance through everything pernicious.”- Sarah Todd Hammer
- “I remember being able to get up without making sound effects….good times.”- Unknown
- Healing severe or chronic pain, I believe, includes transforming our relationship to the pain, and, ultimately, it is about transforming our relationship to who we are and to life.” – Sarah Anne Shockley’s book: ‘The Pain Companion: Practical Tools for Living With & Moving Beyond Chronic Pain”
Not all can have a healthy life. We all have some changes in our bodies, which need medical help. So, accept it, cope with it and fight against it in a positive way. That’s how we show our responsibilities to our lives.
Hopefully, all the chronic pain quotes we share with you can reach out to your hearts, heal your souls and make your day!