The Iris Cancer Partnership’s vision is:
“Collaborating to provide effective oncology massage therapy across Scotland”
Our mission is:
“To support the delivery of massage services for anyone diagnosed with cancer and to develop an oncology massage curriculum, oncology massage services, and a research capability under a single integrated strategy”
Meeting demand, through the provision of massage services, by:
- Delivering the services of specially trained massage therapists to people diagnosed with cancer either directly or in co-operation with other cancer organizations, charities, and NHS services.
- Raising people’s awareness about cancers with updated information about health issues as well as tips to live with cancer or stay physically and mentally healthy.
- Continuously improve, through research and surveys, by:
- Conducting surveys with people diagnosed with cancer to identify their needs and changing patterns of needs in terms of different therapy approaches
- Conducting surveys with massage therapists to understand how best to attract therapists to the courses and support their continuing work
- Undertaking various approaches to evaluation and research with people diagnosed with cancer, massage therapists, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure the approaches to education and services remain current and relevant